Sunday, August 8, 2010

POCATELLO PORTNEUF FROM STAID TO UNAFRAID



PICTURE OF A HO-HUM CLUB?
Yes, it was kind of sad the night I visited the Pocatello Portneuf Club, a young professional's club (or young at heart club, at least I thought).  I asked the group to pose.  Like tired beings, they assembled for the shoot, stared in to the camera (except Pam McKinley, third from the left on the from row closed her eyes and nearly fell on her head apparently from sleep deprivation.)

Oh, sure, some smiled, but I told myself babies also smile, usually from stomach distress.

I'm twice as old as some of these people, and I can keep up with them on one of my bad days, I thought.

AND THEN...BOOM!  BOOM!!  BOOM!!!
"So, mug," I said and suddenly the room burst into color, life.    McKinley awakened.  Staid individuals in the previous picture exploded into energy they had kept hidden.

They went from staid to unafraid.
And they wouldn't stop...

They inducted new members...

They contributed to one of my favorite causes, the Idaho Academic Decathlon.  (Thanks!!)


This club as adopted the slogan, "Fermenting a Spirit of Service and Friendship."  They meet in the Portneuf Valley Brewing Company.  I was exhausted by the end of the evening with these high energy folks. 

After the meeting, I checked into a Super 8 and plopped myself in a recliner and fell alseep.  "I'll keep up with them someday," I thought.  "When I'm younger.  How does Roland Smith do it?" I asked myself.

Great club!! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting our club ... and for the great mention at the end! We enjoyed having you and come back often!!

    ReplyDelete