Monday, November 8, 2010

TWIN FALLS AFTER HOURS...THIS RINGS A BELL!

I had posted my accounting of the Twin Falls After Hours Club when I received this cell phone picture today (11.10.10) of Kathleen Hale and Jeff Schroeder receving a bell and gavel from Chip and Jim of the Rotary Club of Reno Club.


Kathleen Hale, the president wrote to Chip via e-mail with the following than you.


Thank you so much for coming to Twin Falls to present The Rotary Club After Hours with the bell and gavel. What an honor to have you and Jim Annis at our Rotary meeting/social event last evening and present the bell and gavel personally. You guys made our night! I'm gratefully to have had the opportunity to share my thoughts and visions with Jim and know that I'm on the right track. We all feel fortunate to have had the time to drink, eat and visit with you both. It's even more special to our club to have received these gifts from chartered Rotarians. How cool is that!

THURSDAY...ROCK CREEK GRILL...5:30...BE THERE!
 
What are you doing on Thursday around 5:30 in Twin Falls?  Well, you could attend the Rotary Club of Twin Falls at Rock Creek Grill and meet smiling Kathleen Hale, president of this new club.


This is the 42nd club in District 5400 and a vigorous group of new Rotarians you'll want to meet.  I met many of them on September 17 at Celebration Park in Twin Falls where we gathered to party with the.  It was a happy event.

On 11.2.10, I returned for my official presentation to the club and met several of the Rotarians from the party.   Plus, I was happy to see Mel and Lee Rayborn, parents of Cathy Lynch.  Jake Tolman announced that Mel had been his sixth grade teacher.   


Mel and Lee Rayborn
  
Cathy Lynch looks on as Jake poses by Mel Rayborn


 This is a friendly smiling club as the picture above shows.  The lady in purple is Marianne Barker, assistant governor to the club.  The smiling fellow is Jeff Schroeder holding raffle tickets.  (I bought 3 and won the right to pick the ace of spades from the deck, my downfall.)

L. to R.:  Jeff Schroeder, Rusty Satterwhite, Jim Lynch, Cathy Lynch, Marianne Barker, Kathleen Hale, Chris Stevenson nad me.

It was a small group that gathered that day.  Nicole Veenendaal who works two jobs had to leave early so she was not able to stay for the group shot.  That's why I am picturing her separately.

Go Twin Falls After Hours!  We're behind you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment