Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ELMORE COUNTY/MOUNTAIN HOME...TANKS BUT NO TANKS!

 IS BEING PRESIDENT OF THE RC OF ELMORE COUNTY-MOUNTAIN HOME A TANKLESS TASK...NO!!!

First, you may get a hug from Lindsay Johnson, a long-time Mountain Home educator and current club secretary, as he is doing with Laura Lineberry below.


And, you may see a 10-year Rotary club project come to fruition with the placement of a tank on the northern edge of town in honor of Mountain Home's military veterans.  (There I am satisfied with my pun.  Do I believe I will be thanked for this bit of blog humor.  No, for unlike the club, I will be tankless.)



THIS IS AN ENERGETIC CLUB
So energetic, in fact, that I could not take a still picture because they wouldn't remain still as Jon Sowers above demonstrates with the waving of his hands as he makes a point to Ed Sharp and Betty Ann Nettleton.

The club participated in a Visioning Adventure last April 13, seven months ago.  I am always interested in determining if the visioning experience actually has an impact on the club.  In Mountain Home, it has! 

Membership is growing.  I was privileged to induct into membership Cheryl Moore of the Air Force.  What a pleasure.


The club is planning a  Christmas Festival of Trees, an idea that emerged from the April 13 visioning.


And they are planning on a second Big Night Out to raise money.

Below I have placed random pictures of the members.






Carolyn and I Thank the Club for Allowing Us to Stay at the Dusty Rose Bed and Breakfast.

Frequently there are surprises in each small town. Joe and Jen Sowers have restored a 100-year old house into an delightfully and carefully furnished unique-to-Mountain Home bed and breakfast. Here are a few pictures of our joyful stay.




Jon and Jen Sowers of the Dusty Rose.


Finally, don't forget the waitstaff that make many of our meetings enjoyable, like Tracy below, posing with Lindsay.

Tracy with Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment