Friday, July 16, 2010

ROTARY CLUB OF RIGBY: ON TRACK ... READY TO ROLL!

See the gentleman and the marvelous train set in his basement? That’s Laine Eckersell, assistant governor and member of the RC of Rigby, who displayed the train set you see in the picture. It’s a symbol of the Rigby Club, too: “We’re on track…we’re ready to roll.”


HERE ARE THE TWO CONDUCTORS!


Randy Stone, club president, draps his arm around Justin Tawzer, immediate past president, and prepares to give him a handsome plaque thanking him for his service in 2009-10. “We have a small but good club with lots of unity,” Randy said to me in a phone call before my visit of June 9, 2010.


Stone wants his club to brainstorm ideas for projects, including international efforts like the one they teamed with Idaho Falls for clean water and sanitation. Local projects have incuded immunization of children in partnership with the District 7 Health Department and providing carseats for infants and helmets for older children.
The club meets at Rigby’s ‘Gator Jack’s. During my morning walk in Rigby before the noon meeting, I was VERY careful around any body of water, thinking that gators might be native to eastern Idaho. I had never heard of gators being in Rigby, but I am ignorant of lots of things. (I didn’t see any, but I swear I caught a glimpse of Elvis.)


In this picture from right to left: Randy Stone, Laine Eckersell, Don Archibald, Kevin King, Dale Lounsbury, Ron Tolman, Shaney Swenson, Justin Tawzer, Corbet Miskin and Terrent and Alexandria Barber.

No comments:

Post a Comment