Sunday, July 11, 2010

BUHL: A FUN LOVING CLUB COMMITTED TO SERVICE ABOVE SELF


THE BUHL CLUB - A COMMUNITY BUILDER WITH A SPIRIT OF FUN

I asked the leadership team to pose for a picture when I met with them on July 7. Well, okay, I asked them to mug for a picture. What did I get? A classical shot suitable for a painting by Michaelangelo, perhaps. Yes, I am exaggerating but only a wee bit. (Front row: Rick Lauda, Gloria Morse, president, Michael Aland. Back Row: Larry Ford, Chuck Lehrman, Tracy Woolman, D5400 assistant governor and Buhl member, Stephanie Wells, Terry Kramer and Jim Barker.)

WHEN I WAS THERE, THEY "TIED ONE ON!"


Note that Gloria Morse is wearing a loose fitting tie as I present her with the flags from RI president Ray Klinginsmith and my flag bearing a picture of Mt. McGown by Stanley Lake in the Sawtooths. The picture below of Kattie Wonenberg features her in a tie, as well. An enterprising Rotarian who attended the Sun Valley Rotary Conference saw the gag between now-PDG Kevin Learned who cut off my naked lady tie (nymphs). That Rotarian brought ties for every Buhl member to wear the day I was there.  What fun!  You can review that bit of hilarity between Kevin and me by going to Youtube and doing a search (Rotary Sun Valley + Kevin Learned). 

KATTIE WONENBERG IS THE BUHL ROTARIAN OF THE YEAR

In this picture, I present Kattie Wonenberg, a two-year member, with the “Buhl Rotary of the Year” award. It is important for clubs to maintain their vitality to attract energetic members like Kattie so we can continue to perform community and international projects.

This club loves fun. It has a warm and welcoming spirit. But it is very serious about “Service Above Self.”  Thanks, Buhl!

No comments:

Post a Comment