Tuesday, September 21, 2010

THE DISTRICT GOVERNOR'S SCRAPBOOK OF VISITS AND EVENTS

Fellow Rotarians, my computer crashed on Sept. 11, and I have been scrambling to catch up since. Therefore, my blog of our great Rotary clubs and events will emphasize pictures with minimal script until I can catch up.

For the most part, the pictures will show my interactions with Rotary clubs from September 13 through September 19.  Enjoy the pictures.

THE NEW BOISE F - EAST 

The new Boise East Club places its early energies into creation of a refugee garden in west Boise.  The neighboring Episcopal Church (donated land), the Boy Scouts, second graders (planted tomatoes), Idaho Youth Ranch and 15-20 different individuals and businesses has garnered the attention of the Idaho Statesman. 

On Sept. 13, I met with the leadership.  In this picture, Brenda, the master chef, announces the forthcoming meal to an attentive audience.  (L. Sue Simmons, Dick Halsey, Karen Des Aulniers, hostess, Steve Vurgrin, Brenda, Teresa Meeks, Jeff Hatch, Betsy and Rod DesAudlniers, host.)

After the meal, the leadership posed for a dignified picture!



A WESTERN TREASURE IN ONTARIO, OREGON

What's a Christmas picture doing here?  I met with the Western Treasure Valley Club on 9.15.10, but apparently in the crash of my computer, I lost the pictures I took that day.  I'm sharing the picture I took of this great club in December 2009.  They throw a great Christmas party, and Carolyn and I are looking forward to returning this year, too.

WE HAVE A NEW CLUB!  THE TWIN FALLS AFTER HOURS

It is my intent to feature the party on behalf of our newest club, the Rotary Club of Twin Falls After Hours on the front of the website.  I am sharing some picture here, so you can celebrate the formation of a brand new club!

Doesn't Kathleen Hale, president, look happy as she holds the Rotary International Charter for her new club?  Notice the Twin Falls After Hours shirts they are wearing.  Snazzy.  Kathleen's father, a long-time Rotarian, came from Petaluma, California, to help share in the merriment.

.
Special thanks to Nancy Koonce of the Rotary Club of Twin Falls for helping this club form.  Thanks to the RC of Twin Falls for sponsoring the wonderful celebration on 9.17.10.  Watch for more pictures on the front page of the website.

ARE SUNRISE ROTARIANS CRABBY?  HECK, NO!

The members of the Rotary Club of Boise Sunrise -- my club -- are never crabby, especially when serving lobster, as they did on Saturday, 9.18.10 at the Fairgrounds.  The lobsters are from Maine.  Most of the attendees are from Boise.




No comments:

Post a Comment